Wine Tasting at Lava Cap Winery
Open 7 days a week, from 10am-5pm!
High in the Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California, the Jones family has been dedicated to the production of premium estate grown wines utilizing only mountain-grown grapes since 1986. The unique volcanic soil that the winery is named for and the mountainous location are ideal for the creation of world-class wines. This spectacular environment with the high Sierra as a backdrop is a wonderful setting where we welcome you to sample the wines in our tasting room and enjoy a picnic in the gardens overlooking the vineyards.
- Hours of operation are 10-5pm daily, last seating is at 4:30pm space permitting.
- Gates close at 5:15pm.
- Walk-up tastings and picnic use welcome.
- Reservations not required
- Sit down wine tasting take place on our redwood deck overlooking the vineyard.
- Deck is reserved for tastings only, but bottle purchases and food can be enjoyed on the lower patios, gardens and lawn area.
- Outside food and dogs permitted in the garden. Crackers, cheese, and charcuterie available for purchase as well.
- No outside food or animals allow on the deck, but we welcome guests to use the picnic grounds with their furry friends and outside food.
- Wine tasting is $15.00 per person, complimentary for Lava Cap wine club members and their guests (for a total of 6 people including members).
- Tasting fees are waived with a bottle purchase.
- We ask that groups of 10 please make a reservation.