Wine Tasting at Lava Cap Winery
We are sorry to announce that due to an acute staffing shortage, we will be closed Saturday, September 18th, and Sunday, September 19th. We will return to normal tasting room hours on September 20th, and do not anticipate additional closures. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Open 7 days a week, from 10am-5pm!
High in the Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California, the Jones family has been dedicated to the production of premium estate grown wines utilizing only mountain-grown grapes since 1986. The unique volcanic soil that the winery is named for and the mountainous topography are ideal for the creation of world-class wines. This spectacular environment with the high Sierras as a backdrop is a wonderful setting where we welcome you to sample the wines in our tasting room and enjoy a picnic in the gardens overlooking the vineyards.
- Hours of operation are 10-5pm daily, last seating is at 4:00pm. Gates close at 5:30pm.
- Walk-up tastings and picnic use welcome.
- Reservations not required, but if you would like to make one, please call the winery at 1-530-621-0175.
- Reservations manditory for groups of 10 or more.
- Sit down wine tasting will take place on our deck.
- Deck is reserved for tastings only.
- All bottle purchases can be enjoyed on the lower patios, gardens and lawn area.
- No outside food or animals allow on the deck during tastings, but we welcome guests to use the picnic grounds with their furry friends and outside food.
- Wine tasting cost is $15.00 per person, and complimentary for Lava Cap club members and their guests (a total of 6 people including members). Tasting fees are waived with a bottle purchase.
- Guests will be asked to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Lava Cap will perform cleaning and disinfecting protocols as required by the State of California.