Wine Tasting at Lava Cap Winery
Open 7 days a week, from 10am-5pm!
High in the Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California, the Jones family has been dedicated to the production of premium estate grown wines utilizing only mountain-grown grapes since 1986. The unique volcanic soil that the winery is named for and the mountainous topography are ideal for the creation of world-class wines. This spectacular environment with the high Sierras as a backdrop is a wonderful setting where we welcome you to sample the wines in our tasting room and enjoy a picnic in the gardens overlooking the vineyards.
- Hours of operation are 10-5pm daily, last seating is at 4:00pm. Gates close at 5:30pm.
- Walk-up tastings and picnic use welcome.
- Reservations not required
- Sit down wine tasting will take place on our deck.
- Deck is reserved for tastings only.
- All bottle purchases can be enjoyed on the lower patios, gardens and lawn area.
- No outside food or animals allow on the deck during tastings, but we welcome guests to use the picnic grounds with their furry friends and outside food.
- Wine tasting cost is $15.00 per person, and complimentary for Lava Cap club members and their guests (a total of 6 people including members). Tasting fees are waived with a bottle purchase.
- Guests will be asked to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Lava Cap will perform cleaning and disinfecting protocols as required by the State of California.